About
A Bar Ranches evolved from a ranching dream that began with a partnership cow in 1959. Owned by Mike and Martha Armitage, both from cattle and ranching families, the ranch maintains a cow herd of more than 4,000 head and breeds more than 500 replacement heifers each year. The headquarters ranch, located at Claremore, Oklahoma, was the original Cherokee Indian Allotment of Frank and Dora Rucker, established in the early 1880s. This eastern Rogers County ranch exceeded 20,000 acres and operated with the historic Open A Brand and employed a young Will Rogers as a ranch hand.


Articles

"The Business of Beef in Oklahoma"

Ozarks Farm & Neighbor
WEBSITE DESIGNED BY EDJE • EDJECATTLE.COM